Thursday, October 1, 2009

Cancer Wars

There is a song by Rodney Atkins called If You're Going Through Hell, which is the ringtone on my cell phone. Part of the lyrics are:

If your going through hell
Keep on going, don't slow down
If you're scared don't show it
You might get out
Before the devil even knows you're there

Yeah, If you're going through hell
Keep on moving, face that fire
Walk right through it
You might get out
Before the devil even knows you're there

That's my philosophy-it's hard to hit a moving target! So I came up with a video game concept. I call it Cancer Wars. It's a combination of hide-n-seek and dodgeball. The 2 villains are the Devil and the Grim Reaper. The hero/heroine has to avoid the "cancer" balls they throw or catch them and use them as weapons against the villains. I haven't worked out all the details yet, but I enjoy figuring out ways to dodge the "cancer" balls. The Devil likes to telegraph his moves, but that Grim Reaper, he's a sneaky one. You have to be on guard at all times!
Tomorrow is surgery. The results of the MRI and the PET Scan are not yet available but they found an infection in my right breast. So they can't remove it yet even if it needs to come off. I have a bad feeling I'll have to go through this again with the right breast. The surgeon has decided that we cannot wait as the left breast needs to be removed, now. I'm trying to respect that decision as he doesn't want to release infection on top of cancer. I realize he's just looking out for me. I don't know why I have to make everything so hard! I'm expected to be in the hospital at least overnight but if I can talk Hannah into posting information you might see an entry tomorrow. Send me all the positive energy you can and keep me in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment