Sunday, October 18, 2009

Dreams

Sweet, blissful sleep is the only time I don't have cancer. My unconscious self doesn't remember. Ever since I found out I have cancer I've been having dreams about my childhood-from elementary school through high school. It's more like reliving memories while sleeping. What's nice about it is I'm repeating conversation with loved ones who have passed on, including my step-sister, uncle, grandmother and a great aunt. They are so vivid, I'd swear it's really happening.
Dream Moods notes that to dream of your childhood, indicates your wish to return to a life where you had little responsibility and worries. It also represents innocence. Alternatively, it suggests that certain aspects of your childhood have not yet been integrated into your adult personality. Or, on the other hand, some childhood anxiety has yet to be resolved in your adult life. Another dream analysis website notes that dreaming about childhood can mean that you will experience a period of renewed hope and vigor. Dreaming of good friends can mean a promise of good news. They say that friends of the same sex can represent your shadow self-the aspects of your personality that you have rejected. However its friendly nature suggests that you am prepared to integrate this neglected part of yourself.
It is also said that children in your dream, signifies an aspect of yourself and your childlike qualities. You may be retreating back to a childlike state where you are longing for the past and the chance to satisfy repressed desires and unfulfilled hopes. Perhaps there is something that you need to see grow and nurtured. Take some time off and cater to the inner child within. Alternatively, the dream may be highlighting you innocence, purity, simplicity, and carefree attitude. I guess I should figure out what this all means, huh? Maybe a new career in dream analysis is in my future!



No comments:

Post a Comment