Friday, October 9, 2009

Living In Fast Forward?!

I've spent so much time researching nutrition & cancer that I should have a degree! It's hard to believe how much what we eat affects us. There's a Kenny Chesney song titled "Living In Fast Forward" which starts out like this:

The body's a temple, that's what we're told
I've treated this one like an old honky-tonk
Greasy cheeseburgers and cheap cigarettes
One day they'll get me if they ain't got me yet

It made me wonder if that's what I had done to myself? Well, minus the cigarettes. I'm trying to be good and eat right but I'm really troubled by hard it is! Bad eating habits are extremely hard to break. It helps that Mike, Hannah and Bert are trying to eat right also. Tonight we had whole wheat pasta with organic sauce. It was really quite good. I need to be fully on the anticancer diet at least one week before chemotherapy starts. I'm doing pretty well although I did have a bite of peanut butter which is a no-no.
I saw the surgeon today to have fluid build-up aspirated but there wasn't much. He told me that if my boobette looks like it's growing, not to get excited because it will just be fluid! Damn! I guess growing it is out of the question. I saw a feature on the news where a woman had fat taken out of her butt and injected into her boobs. I wonder if that's an option? I'd have to take it out of my stomach as my butt actually doesn't have much fat to spare! I'm sure that procedure is too "experimental" for the insurance company to even consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment