Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Food Strategies

Many of you may know how fanatical I am about gathering information. I have always believed that information is power. So today I started reading Natural Strategies For Cancer Patients by Dr. Russell Blaylock, one of the world's foremost experts on cancer and nutrition. It was loaned to me by my awesome massage therapist, Rick Smith. Let me tell you, it scared me shitless! I've definitely learned things that none of my doctors have told me. Especially about the diabetes and cancer connection. I understand that I have to completely change my diet.
Sadly, I discovered that their is an additive in ice cream and baked goods called carrageenan. It is an especially powerful promoter of cancer growth and spread. (This ingredient is listed on the product label, I checked). Dr. Blaylock also says to stay away from all of the newer sweeteners since they have not been tested for safety. A small amount of Sweet 'n Low is acceptable and Stevia is ok. Boy am I screwed! Eek, step away from the cookies and ice cream!!!
Here are the diet suggestions listed:
1. Choose chicken or turkey.
2. Avoid commercially prepared food.
3. Avoid cow's milk, cheese & milk-based products.
3. Avoid foods containing aspartame, MSG, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, soy protein & the additive carrageenan.
4. Avoid plastic containers.
5. Avoid sugar.
6. Avoid fruit juice.
So, if you should see me eating something that is not good for me, you have my permission to tackle me, slap me, whatever it takes to get my attention. I know how hard this is going to be but my life depends on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment