Sunday, October 4, 2009

Rough night in Cancerville

During surgery, I was filled up with air (CO2) so the instruments could easily maneuver within my tissue. You have to pass the gas or the pain is excruciating. Walking certainly helps so I wandered the house last night as the gas settled in my lower back. As it started moving, I spent the night farting & belching. Mike, being supportive, joined in the "gas fest". Luckily it pretty much dissipated by morning. Now I'm experiencing hot flashes, followed by chills. Jeez, what's next?
If you don't already know, I have the most awesome massage therapist, Rick Smith. Now that I'm a cancer patient, deep tissue massage is out of the question. So Rick has started using Reiki on me. Reiki practitioners channel energy in a particular pattern to heal and harmonize. Unlike other healing therapies based on the premise of a human energy field, Reiki seeks to restore order to the body whose vital energy has become unbalanced. Thanks to all of you who sent positive thoughts during my surgery. I could feel all the positive energy as I awoke in the recovery room awash in a cocoon of good energy, with a feeling of peace. Special thanks to Tara who brought over her homemade chicken pot pie for supper tonight. It was delicious. And for all of you wondering if I plan to go to work tomorrow-NO, my body is far too sore!

No comments:

Post a Comment