Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Secret

Ok, you've probably all heard about Rhonda Byrne's The Secret-it's a book and a DVD. As you know, I'm all for positive attitude and thinking but does the law of attraction really work? Do we get what we ask for? I certainly don't remember asking for cancer. And I do still have my moments when I wonder why God hates me so much. Do I not have the right to be angry? Do I not have the right to scream at the heavens that my life sucks? The Secret says that you are a magnet attracting to you all things, via the signal you are emitting through your thoughts and feelings. So, I'm asking for a "sucky" life when I say "My life sucks!"?
Rhonda says to open yourself up and become a powerful magnet to wellness and health from wherever you are now:
(I've added my comments in the {} parentheses!)

--Love yourself! Deeply, profoundly! Make lists of all the wonderful things about you. Add to it every day. {Ok, check, I think I'm pretty awesome}
--Free yourself of any past resentments or disappointments you may be holding about you. {Done}
--Let go of any and all resentments from the past you may be holding of everyone and everything. {Done}
--See yourself as completely well in your mind and visualize yourself doing things in a complete state of perfect health. {Can do}
--Do not speak of your illness, or disease with others. {Seriously? I'm guessing any counselor worth their degree will tell you talking about it is good therapy!}
--Love and appreciate everything and everyone, and especially yourself. {I can try}
--Know you have the power within you to heal yourself. {Yes, I believe that}
--Never criticize or blame yourself or anyone else for anything. {Yeah, right!}
--Be grateful for the wellbeing that is coming to you. {I practice gratitude pretty much daily}
--See yourself as only well. {I practice visualization - see the entry entitled Xena: Warrior Princess!}
--Be happy, knowing that in your state of happiness your body is healing itself. {I'm as happy as I can be most of the time}
--As you appreciate, as you love, as you are happy, as you are grateful, you are summoning wellbeing and it is pouring through your body and disease is vanishing in the moment. {Ok, got it}
--Laugh! Hire funny movies or recall any memories that make you laugh. Laugh your way back to health. {ABSOLUTELY!}
--Make lists every day of all the things you are grateful for, including being grateful for your healing and complete well being. {I do}
--You must do whatever you can to remove your attention from disease. {Why do you think I spend so much time at work?}
--Distract yourself from thoughts of disease, and put all of your focus and attention on doing things that make you feel good. {Again, why do you think I spend so much time at work?}
--Make your happiness the number one thing in your life. {Trying...}
--Resist nothing, love everything! {Easier said than done}
--Know that there is no such thing as incurable. {Again, I believe!}
--As you love completely and feel the joy within you, disease cannot exist. {Ok}
--Know and accept that you are perfect as you are right now. {You said it sister!}

Alright, if I can't commit 100% to all of the above, does it mean I won't regain my health? Does it mean I want to have breast cancer? Somebody call Rhonda and see if she's available to come explain this all to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment