Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My head is cold

Not everyone loses their hair during chemotherapy treatment ... some lose all their hair, some only lose part of their hair, some people only get thinner hair. It all depends on the type of drugs that are used. Nothing can really prepare you for the trauma of reaching up to brush your hair and a huge clump comes out ... or waking up and finding wads of hair all over your bed and pillow ... or running your fingers through your hair and ending up with clumps of hair in your hand. For me it has been a lot more traumatic than I had anticipated.
Although I still have some hair, today's weather made me realize that I can no longer run around without a hat! My head, ears and neck were cold. I ran out to get the mail and my head felt like a popsicle. My head is cold even in the house now. What the hell? I wasn't prepared for that. I found the above-pictured hat on line-it says Save 2nd Base. I might have to buy it. After all, one can never have too many hats! I also found this list on line:

The Benefits of Temporary Hair Loss

NO BAD HAIR DAYS
NO SPLIT ENDS
AN OPPORTUNITY TO SEE THE REAL COLOR
A CHANCE TO TRY A NEW COLOR OR STYLE
SAVE MONEY ON SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER,HAIR CUTS, PERMS, RAZORS, AND MORE
TAKES LESS TIME TO GET READY
NO NEED TO TWEEZE EYEBROWS

It gave me a good laugh. Again, it's all about attitude (but I am not liking this cold head thing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment