Friday, December 11, 2009

life will knock you down. get back up.

The slogan on the shirt (which is hard to read in this picture) superimposed over the word survivor, says life will knock you down. get back up. I found this shirt from Live Life Solid and had to get it. If you remember, I previously blogged about feeling like a Bop Bag-you can knock me down but I'll pop back up. One of the statements in my numerology reading is "the positive aspect of your tendency to live in the here and now is that you rapidly bounce back from any type of misfortune and like a chameleon have an uncanny ability to reinvent yourself throughout your life time". That's what I'm talking about! I have always had this ability, even as a child.
The phrase “cancer survivor” entered our vernacular in 1985, in a poignant essay in the New England Journal of Medicine. The author, Dr. Fitzhugh Mullan, wrote of his own cancer and what it was like for cancer patients to pass through what he called “the seasons of survival.” Dr. Mullan stated, “Survival…begins at the point of diagnosis because that is the time when cancer patients are forced to confront their own mortality and begin to make adjustments that will be part of their immediate, and to some extent, long-term future.”
A diagnosis of breast cancer stays with you your entire life -- just ask
anyone who is a survivor. The moment you find out you have breast cancer
everything changes. Emotions and thoughts race through you. After the
initial shock wears off, you start to navigate toward your new normal,
redefining many areas of your life and making adjustments to reflect your
new physical and emotional state. I am, of course, still navigating my way
through this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment