Thursday, December 17, 2009

The hair it is a fallin' out!

Eek! My hair is starting to come out in clumps now! I've got these bald spots on top of my head now. It's pretty freaky. They warn you that it will happen like that but I shed a lot of hair in the beginning and didn't experience it coming out in clumps like this! Dr. Phreak's Freak Show here I come! This is what they say: Hair usually begins falling out 10 to 14 days after you start treatment. It could fall out very quickly in clumps or gradually. You'll likely notice accumulations of loose hair on your pillow, in your hairbrush or in your sink or shower drain. I guess the fact that I made it six weeks before it started falling out in clumps is pretty good.
One suggestion is to consider shaving your head. Some people report that their scalp feels itchy, sensitive and irritated during their treatment and while their hair is falling out. Shaving your head can reduce the irritation and save the embarrassment of shedding. Some men shave their heads because they feel it looks better than the patchy hair loss they might be experiencing. Also, a shaved head might be easier for securing a wig or hairpiece. Something to consider I guess. I didn't mind cutting and even buzzing my hair but I haven't yet wrapped my unbald head around shaving it completely! Any thoughts on the matter?
All in all I'm doing alright. Eating doesn't really interest me and the indigestion is annoying bordering on horrible. I am a little tired but not too bad. The worst thing today was the fluctuating blood sugar levels. It's been running a little high lately so they gave me insulin to inject myself with but only during "steroid" time. So I did inject myself this morning which helped it settle down. I do have to check it again tonight before bed in case I need more. I did take it easy most of the day but chose to make a live appearance on Channel 49, WCFN tonight re: domestic violence. It was a segue from the Chris Henry story. They say that there will be an investigation as to how Henry, 26, wide receiver for the Cincinnati Bengals, happened to fall from the bed of a moving pickup truck driven by his fiancée, Loleini Tonga, in Charlotte, N.C., at about noon Wednesday. Just goes to show that domestic violence can happen to anyone, anywhere at anytime. So tragic.


No comments:

Post a Comment