Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Riding all the carnival rides


I had my last shot (in a series of 3) today so this round of chemo (#2) is officially finished! Keep your fingers crossed that I don't experience that debilitating bone pain again. The doctor cut the shots down to 3 from 4 in hopes of avoiding the intense pain this time. I mentioned the peripheral neuropathy and the nurse just had to point out that statistically only a very few people experience that effect. I believe I noted the % in yesterday's blog entry. So, I informed her that I have always been that kid who just had to ride all the carnival rides in order to experience the carnival to the fullest extent. Apparently, I must experience this cancer experience to the fullest extent also. No matter how small the %, I will be in that category! I used to think that was a good trait to possess as I would experience everything life had to offer. Now I'm not so sure!
I found this quiz on www.blogthings.com called What Carnival Ride Are You? My results are You Are a Ferris Wheel. Deep down, you are a fun, whimsical, and easygoing person. You often enjoy life for what it is, and the littlest changes in course can be quite thrilling. In relationships, people tend to feel what you feel. It can be liberating at first...but after a while, the people closest to you end up feeling a little trapped. Your life has perfectly normal cycles of ups and downs. However, you can't help but sometimes feel that you're missing out on the most exciting aspects of life. You only are happy when you're experiencing the highest of highs. Your low points just make you feel depressed, restless, and bored. At your best, you feel on top of the world with a great sense of perspective. You believe that anything is possible, and that you are happily looking down on everyone else. At your worst, you feel like your life is going in circles. You often feel like you're not going anywhere. This is sometimes psychologically disorienting. And sometimes it brings on a sense of hopelessness. Wow! I think the quiz might have pegged me.

No comments:

Post a Comment