Thursday, December 3, 2009

And the tarot card says...

Today fatigue hit again but the bone pain didn't and for that I am thankful. Unfortunately, the fatigue never gives fair warning-it just hits you. Patients discussing cancer-related fatigue describe it as distressing and persistent. They express a sense of tiredness and exhaustion that is in no way proportional to their activity level. Factors associated with fatigue are the presence and severity of anxiety, pain, lower sleep quality, physical inactivity, and poor performance status. This quite often translates to little desire to either work or socialize. Well at least I'm still working (probably more than I should). But when I'm fatigued, it makes me question my purpose in life.
And today's tarot card is the Ten of Pentacles which suggests that my power lies in community. I am a success and I value my reputation. I pass on and share my status, values, knowledge and ethics by example. My work here is done and I am ready to take it to the next level. I am empowered by reputation and my asset is social validation or standing. Overall, the Ten of Pentacles is a card of a good home life, security, prosperity, and happiness...on the surface. Looking closer, the family appears not to notice how lucky they are, which is the deeper message of the card. The man and woman do not walk together; rather, they pass each other briefly as they go through their mundane motions. The people in the situation take what they have, and each other, for granted. They are so wrapped up in their daily routines that they do not take the time to acknowledge the magic and blessings around them, symbolized by the ten pentacles surrounding their home. The ten pentacles also have a deeper meaning, echoing the ten Sephiroth of the Tree of Life. This serves as a reminder to look past the trappings of the material world, and seek the blessings of the soul. Just exactly how do I seek the blessings of my soul?

No comments:

Post a Comment