Monday, November 16, 2009

Tami's new bra

For those of you who know my sister and her sense of humor, you will understand the picture. This is the "new" bra she designed for me! Unfortunately, this prototype still needs a little work. There's no way to fasten it unless I use duct tape! Maybe that can be our new business venture--underwear for one-boobed women everywhere! I was looking at information on breast protheses on line and found this which made me laugh on About.com:

Breast Prostheses
After breast cancer surgery, you can take control of your appearance and boost your self-esteem. With the proper fit, nobody will know you're wearing a substitute bosom ( LOL sounds like something my grandmother would say). Too funny!

I did go out to the American Cancer Society and get a wig. It is one made from human hair. It's darker than what I normally wear my hair color but I thought I'd get one just in case. I haven't yet made up my mind if I will wear it but I know that as soon as I start losing my hair, I'm going to freak out! I just want to be prepared. It does need to be cut and styled to be more in line with how I wear my hair. I'll probably get some scarves too. I have no idea what I'll wear when the hair loss starts. I'm definitely not looking forward to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment