Saturday, November 7, 2009

Crashing but not burning

A very, very quiet day. I did finally manage to get some sleep last night! Lately, it's been more like "resting my eyes" vs. sleeping. And I almost had an appetite, today! They warn you about the "big" side effects like nausea and hair loss but barely mention the others, like digestive issues (i.e. constipation, diarrhea, heartburn, etc). It's so annoying! I'm feeling very drained and a little "achy". The achiness is often described as similar to fybromaialgia pain but I have no sense of comparison. I just know that I don't like it! If this is what fybromaialgia feels like then I feel bad for all of you out there that may be suffering from it. It's hard to describe what it feels like. I did get out a bit today with my chauffeur, Hannah, and the fresh air was nice. But mostly, I just wanted to "veg out".
I was told that more monetary donations and other items rolled in today at work, which is absolutely fabulous. I've always said that Champaign-Urbana is a great community-they just keep proving it. I still don't know how to thank my co-workers for keeping the shelter running while I battle this cancer. As you can see, my timing remains impeccable! Get cancer and have a financial crisis at work at the same time. Make than an aggressive cancer that requires aggressive treatment! I never could be accused of taking the easy way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment