Monday, November 23, 2009

Pumpkin cravings

I've been hearing about people craving burgers while on chemotherapy. According to the discussion boards it's a very real phenomenon. Actually everyone is different and may crave just about anything. Most of the time I don't want anything but when I do feel like eating I usually want something with pumpkin. This is especially strange as all my life I have hated pumpkin. Pumpkin anything turned my stomach. Now, my taste buds recognize it as a new & different sensation and can't get enough! They did say that if you eat foods you love it could trigger "food aversion" and eating foods that are foreign to you could become all that you want to eat. If you would have told me that I fall in love with pumpkin, I'd have told you that you were delusional. But now I want pumpkin spice cappuccino, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin roll, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin pie, pumpkin pie blizzard, pumpkin soup (yes, I said pumpkin soup) etc... I absolutely can not get enough pumpkin! I think I'll start off my Thanksgiving feast with dessert--pumpkin pie (bet you knew that was coming, huh?) So, if anyone has any good pumpkin recipes please feel free to share them with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment