Saturday, November 28, 2009

Fatigued!

I can't believe how fatigued I feel! I did so much better with the first round of chemo. Cancer-related fatigue (CRF - sometimes simply called "cancer fatigue") is one of the most common side effects of cancer and its treatments. It is often described as "paralyzing." Usually, it comes on suddenly, does not result from activity or exertion, and is not relieved by rest or sleep. It may not end - even when treatment is complete. Fatigue can be confused with tiredness. Everyone gets tired. In fact, it is an expected feeling after certain activities or at the end of the day. Usually, we know why we're tired and a good night's sleep will solve the problem. Fatigue is less precise, less cause-and-effect. Fatigue is a daily lack of energy; an unusual or excessive whole-body tiredness, not relieved by sleep. It can be acute (lasting a month or less) or chronic (lasting from 1 month to 6 months or longer). Fatigue can have a profound negative impact on a person's ability to function and quality of life. Boy, they're not kidding!
Well, I did manage to get about 4 hours of work in today. I have a grant that has to be Fed Ex'd out on Monday afternoon. It is very close to being finished. Maybe I can finish it up tomorrow and have it out first thing Monday. Luckily, I had most of it already finished and now it's just adding the project specs, putting the attachments together and editing! Shouldn't take too much longer (I hope). Now, I just want to go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment