Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Day After Chemo

I did manage to get that awful taste out of my mouth and only felt a little nauseous today. But my digestive system is out of whack! I suffered terrible heartburn all night and was up & down eating Tums all night. Then this morning my stomach was a rumbling and I thought I might have to put on a pair of disposable underwear just to be safe. By this afternoon, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to go at all. It's amazing how quickly that can change. I don't have much of an appetite, either. I did manage to get in almost a full day's work today but with rest periods in between. I fear the crash that's probably coming after I am off the steroids. I'm hoping to get through tomorrow (Friday) before it happens. And I am definitely suffering from chemo brain! I'm trying to write everything down because I'm getting forgetful.
The best news is that United Way is depositing money into our bank account so we can make a payroll. So, at the very least, I feel that the work I have managed to do has been paying off. United Way has truly been our champion through this and I'm sure that there would've been no way I could've done this on my own at this point in my battle. I can never thank them enough! So be sure to generously support the Champaign County United Way. We are also hoping the State will be sending money soon and that the VOCA dollars will be released as we have legislators working on the issue. So keep your fingers crossed! I'm cutting this a bit short because I'm feeling tired and foggy (chemo brain) at this point. Yes, chemo brain really does exist-I'm living proof!

No comments:

Post a Comment