Monday, April 26, 2010

The weird dreams continue

Lately, I seem to spend a lot of time in my dreams being angry or upset. It is very vivid and I can feel the intensity of the emotion as if I'm actually experiencing it! The latest dream is that I am at roller derby and I realize that I do not have my shorts (don't worry, I still had my tights, under-armour and padded shorts on). I ask my mother to go to my house and get them out of the dryer. Instead, she sends my grandmother (who died last year). For some reason Gram couldn't find the shorts and came back to yell at me for wasting her time. As I'm trying to tell her to look in the dryer, she drives off leaving me standing there in the parking lot! I was so pissed. So, what does it mean?
To dream that are skating, symbolizes your ability to maintain a balance in your life. You are utilizing your own energy, determination, and will to progress through your life's path and working toward your goal. Alternatively, it may be a metaphor to indicate that you are "skating" over some matter. Perhaps you are tying to avoid some issue or not devoting enough attention to a problem. To dream of your clothes, is symbolic of your public self and how you are perceived. It is indicative of the act you put on in front of others. Clothes are also an indication of your condition and status in life. Thus, if you wear clothes that do not suit you or that you normally would not wear, then it suggests that you are putting up a front and trying to deceive others. The dream may be a pun that something in your life is "unsuitable". It may be a symbol of hypocrisy and being someone that you are not. Alternatively, it could also mean that you are revealing a hidden part of yourself to the world. To dream that you are using a dryer, suggests that you need to start dealing with your emotions. The dream may also signify a dry idea that fails to bring any excitement and thrill.
To see your mother in your dream, represents the nurturing aspect of your own character. Mothers offer shelter, comfort, life, guidance and protection. Some people may have problems freeing themselves from their mothers and are thus seeking their own individuality and development. To see your grandmother in your dream, represents nurturance, protection, and unconditional love. To dream that your car has been taken, indicates that you are being stripped of your identity. This may relate to losing your job, a failed relationship, or some situation which has played a significant role in your identity and who you are as a person. To dream that you are left behind, represents feelings of rejection or not fitting into a group. It may also highlight fears of not being able to keep up. You are questioning your abilities and/or may not be utilizing your full potential. If you left something or someone behind, indicates that you are ready to let go of the past and move forward.
To dream that you are in parking lot, suggests that you need to slow down and take some time to relax from your daily activities. To dream that you are holding or expressing anger, symbolizes frustrations and disappointments in yourself. You tend to repress your negative emotions or project your anger onto others. You need to look within yourself. Being angry in your dream may have been carried over from your waking life. Dreams can function as a safe outlet where you can express your strong and/or negative emotions. You have some suppressed anger and aggression that you have not consciously acknowledged. I have my own thoughts about what this might mean but what does everyone else think?

No comments:

Post a Comment