Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hoppy Easter!

Happy Easter to all. I spent an hour this afternoon practicing my plow stop and jumps out on our cul-de-sac, hence my title "Hoppy Easter"! I stuck a dowel rod into 2 cups (similar to what we use at practice). I would jump over my bar and then when I skated back to my starting point, I would practice my plow stop. Half the neighborhood came out to watch and ask what I was doing. The neighbor kids thought it was pretty cool but the adults decided I was "just plain crazy". But they sure continued watching me practice. Thanks to jumping pointers from Jo, I think I have it figured out. If I get low and jump earlier, it works pretty well. I also tell myself "bouncy knees" right as I jump. I hope to get some more practice time in before the test on Wednesday night. So, be sending me all your positive thoughts on Wednesday evening at about 8:30 pm!
We didn't have a traditional Easter dinner this year. Instead, we started with shrimp cocktail & crab, then grilled steaks and brats, and added baked sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, and broccoli cheddar rice. We finished with a Michigan Cherry Cheesecake! We enjoyed our meal out on the "white trash" front porch since the weather was so nice. We found a set of large, and I do mean large, orange plastic Easter eggs at Hobby Lobby, so we loaded them up with different items for Hannah. There was gum, chocolate eggs, starburst, a white chocolate bunny, mechanical pencils & note pads, along with items for her car (air fresheners, lint roller, seat belt clip). We were going to hide them in the yard but they were so big it would've defeated the purpose! LOL. All in all, not a bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment