- Find yourself a quiet place where you won't be disturbed. Five or ten minutes is ideal although the longer you can give it the better.
- Relax, either lying down or sitting in a chair, and close your eyes. Roll your eyes upward as far as they can go without straining them.
- Begin to breathe in deeply through your nose and breathe out through your mouth and let your body relax. Remember to keep your eyes rolled upward. Continue like this for as long as it takes for your body to become completely relaxed. Having your eyes rolled upward like this will bring you into the "alpha state" more quickly.
- Think back to a time, or place, of strong positive emotion. It can be any thought that brings the feeling of happiness, joy or love. It might be recalling the birth of a child, passing an exam or even a family get together or holiday. So long as when you recall the thought you are left with a positive feeling of either happiness, joy or love.
- Recall the emotion you felt. What did you hear? What did you smell? Remember as much as you can, and make that memory and emotion as real and as strong as possible. Make sure it is a positive emotion you recall!
Once you have this memory fixed in your mind and you can feel the happiness, joy or love cursing through your body it is time to connect that emotion to your visualization. So you can now begin to run through your creative visualization. It is particularly important when you use creative visualization that you see it as being real, in the present moment, as if you already have it. Whatever you want in the future you have to visualize enjoying right now. The more you use Creative Visualization the quicker things will happen. It is best to visualize on a daily basis! Twice a day if you can. After all you are directing the movie of your new life so why wouldn't you want to watch this movie as often as possible? But don't make it a chore, this should be something you enjoy doing. So, I will go to my "happy place" each day and see myself as happy, healthy and wise!