Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Energizer Bunny is taking a break!

Some have called me "The Energizer Bunny" because I keep going and going...even through chemotherapy, a fiscal crisis and a reduced workforce on the job. In case you don't know, the Energizer Bunny is the marketing icon and mascot of Energizer batteries. It is a pink toy rabbit wearing sunglasses and blue and white striped sandals that beats a bass drum, bearing the Energizer logo. His personal mantra is "Keep Going". I have been given the opportunity to reduce my work hours to part-time for the next few months and I'm taking it! Now, those of you who know me well are probably saying, "WTF? What's the matter with her?" How will I spend my time? I'm not exactly sure! Perhaps I will take this time and embark on a journey of self-discovery. The process of self-discovery involves asking a series of questions, always probing deeper until the underlying truth emerges. I can ask myself the following 10 questions:

1. What is the purpose of life?
2. What is my goal in life?
3. Why did I choose this career?
4. How do I spend my spare time?
5. What is my motivation for doing what I do?
6. What really makes me happy?
7. Am I as happy as I want to be?
8. Is it more important to be rich or to be happy?
9. What are my future plans? Why?
10. What are my secret dreams and ambitions?

I won't be surprised if the answers aren't immediate. This process can take months. I'll have to stick with it and find out what makes me tick. Actually, the most important question to ask is: "What am I living for?"

It is critical to our well being that we believe and understand that we each have an individual purpose as well as a purpose of oneness with the entire universe. Our purpose is not defined by our title, nor by how much money we have in the bank, nor by whether or not we are in a relationship. I am here today because I have purpose; I am here today to fulfill my purpose. Some people get hung up on the belief that their purpose must be of some notoriety, while for some they may gain notoriety as they live their purpose. It is important to note that our purpose is to love and to experience this life. I want to live life to the fullest, live life on purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment