Friday, September 25, 2009

Xena: Warrior Princess

One of the ways I will beat this cancer is with visualization. Thoughts, if powerful enough, are accepted by the subconscious mind. So, I picture myself as Xena (I even have a toy foam sword) and then I "act out" killing the cancer. Sometimes the cancer is a just a gray blob but most of the time its a gynormous black fire-breathing dragon. When I'm really being weird, its Pizza the Hut from the movie Spaceballs! I always kill the cancer thereby returning to a state of good health. I'm sure it looks pretty silly but the dogs never complain-they just play along as if they are fighting with me. Maybe I'll be Xena for Halloween. After all, I have my handy-dandy sword!
To update you on the headgear count, it's 1 for an afro wig; 1 for a clown wig; 1 for Harley-Davidson bandanas; 1 for a football helmet; and 2 for a mullet wig! Have no fear, there's still plenty of time to weigh in on this! After all, I won't start chemotherapy until November. I am planning to have my hair cut tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to cut it short before it all falls out.
I'm tying up loose ends at work so everything will be in order when I have surgery next Friday. They say pain shouldn't be the issue but rather fatigue will. I'm hoping the Reliv will help with fatigue. We are planning a "Farewell to the Boob" party next Wednesday at work. It should be great fun!

1 comment:

  1. I vote for the beautiful head scarfs that our African sisters wear. But don't forget to also wear some long dangling earrings, which I know you are fond of...smile. Another idea, and this only works well if you have a perfectly round head is to shave it and go bald...but please, no eyebrow tattoos ok? Tess

    ReplyDelete