Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Drag Queen Derby?

Does cancer bring about crazy dreams or is it just me? Last night I dreamed that the 'Paign was bouting a team of drag queens! From where I don't know but it was pretty wild. So, my teammates and I were at the mall shopping for some over-the-top "boutfits" just to keep up with the drag queens. While shopping, I ran into some old high school friends, who were on their own shopping spree. One of those friends just experienced the death of her father (in real life). I was offering my condolences when they all hurried off. I was really pissed at them for barely stopping long enough to say hello. So what's the meaning of this dream?
To dream that you are part of a team, indicates the importance of working together. The dream may be a metaphor that you have your life in order. Dreaming that you are at the mall, represents your attempts in making a favorable impression on someone. You are trying to establish your identity and sense of self. The mall is also symbolic of materialism and the need to keep up with the trends, fads, and/or the latest technology. To dream that you are wearing a costume, indicates that you are putting on a facade toward others. You do not want to reveal your true self and are not being completely honest with people around you. If you see a [drag] queen in your dream, it symbolizes intuition, personal growth, power and influence. The queen may also be a metaphor for a homosexual man. To see your childhood friends in your dream, signifies regression into your past where you had no responsibilities. Things were much simpler and carefree. You may be wanting to escape the pressures and stresses of adulthood. Consider the relationship you had with this friend and the lessons that were learned. In particular, to dream about the death of your parents, indicates that you are undergoing a significant change in your waking life. To dream that you are holding or expressing anger, symbolizes frustrations and disappointments in your Self. You tend to repress your negative emotions or project your anger onto others.
Ok, so I'm still not sure of what this dream means. Perhaps I need to quit watching RuPaul's Drag Race before I go to bed?!

No comments:

Post a Comment