Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Today is my 18th wedding anniversary. The traditional gift for #18 is porcelain (as in china). Since I already have some, I guess I don't need any more. I asked Mike what he got me for our anniversary and he said, "The same thing as last year", which means nothing, not that I expected anything. Those days are long gone. Who could've predicted life would turn out this way? I thought it was best to stay busy today so I didn't dwell on a day that we no longer "celebrate". So, tonight I took myself roller skating. I got to hang out with some of my teammates which was fun. We "practiced" a few drills until we got in trouble and had to stop. One day we will have our own facility and will be able to practice drills as often as we like! It's been a busy week so far. I've spent some time working, time on derby activities and a little volunteer work thrown in for good measure!
I've been getting some flack from folks for the last blog entry. I knew I would because it was too morbid. But death is something we all must face -- no exercise or diet regimen, no meditation techniques, no amount of money can avoid it. It is the great equalizer. I was only pointing out that death no longer scares me but I have no plans to leave this world anytime soon! I have "faced off" with death before and will do so again if necessary. Thinking seriously about my death forces me to think more deeply about my life. There is no more time to waste; the rest of my life must be authentic and meaningful! Now, I just have to decide how it should look.

No comments:

Post a Comment