Wednesday, February 24, 2010

An ex-boyfriend, Burt Reynolds and a boatload of kids

Yet again my dreams are trying to tell me something. Maybe because I have felt so incredibly bad these past few days and for the first time during this cancer journey, I actually thought that I was dying. The good news is that the echocardiogram showed that I do, in fact, still have a beating heart, which makes me "officially" alive. Sadly, I'm not feeling up to Roller Derby practice tonight and that just SUCKS! I think they have finally infused enough toxins into me to actually kill me! Anyway, I dreamed that I was at an ex-boyfriend's house with Burt Reynolds (Geez, of all the celebrities I could dream of I choose Burt Reynolds?) and a boatload of kids. Apparently, I was in charge of all of these children (thankfully they weren't all mine!).
To see an old ex-boyfriend from childhood in your dream, refers to a freer, less encumbered relationship. The dream servers to bring you back to a time where the responsibilities of adulthood (or marriage) didn't interfere with the spontaneity of romance. You need to recapture the excitement, freedom, and vitality of youth that is lacking in your present relationship. To see an actor or actress in your dream, represents your pursuit for pleasure. Your admiration of a particular celebrity may lead to a desire to have some of their physical or personality traits (doubtful, he's an abuser). Consider also who this actor/actress is and what characteristics you associate with him or her. These may be the same characteristics that you need to acknowledge or incorporate into yourself (he is considered quite the storyteller). The dream may also be a pun on his or her name. To see children in your dream, signify an aspect of yourself and your childlike qualities. You may be retreating back to a childlike state where you are longing for the past and the chance to satisfy repressed desires and unfulfilled hopes. Perhaps there is something that you need to see grow and nurtured. Take some time off and cater to the inner child within (Roller Derby perhaps?). Alternatively, the dream may be highlighting you innocence, purity, simplicity, and carefree attitude.
In our dreams, we can go anywhere, we can be anybody, and we can do anything. When we dream, we are like passengers on a moving train, unable to control our actions and choose surroundings. We let our mind take over. Sometimes, dreams can be understood in the the context of repressed thoughts. Dreaming serves as an outlet for those thoughts and impulses we repress during the day. When we go to sleep at night and slip into our dream state, we feel liberated and behave and act in a manner that we do not allow ourselves in our waking life. Here's to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment