Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Burning down the house again!

I seem to have entered the land of strange dreams again! Last night I dreamed my sister was burning down our house. We were standing in her bedroom, which is where she was starting the fire. For some unknown reason, I didn't try to stop her or put the fire out. I just stood there watching it burn. To see a house in your dream, represents your own soul and self. Specific rooms in the house indicate a specific aspect of your psyche. To dream that you are in the bedroom, signifies aspects of yourself that you keep private. To see your sister in your dream, symbolizes some aspect of your relationship with her, whether it one of sibling rivalry, nurturance, protectiveness, etc. Your sister may draw attention to your family role. Or the dream may also serve to remind you that someone in your waking life has characteristics similar to your sister. Alternatively, your sister may be a metaphor for a nun. In this case, she may represent some spiritual issues.
Fire in your dream can symbolize destruction, passion, desire, illumination, purification, transformation, enlightenment, or anger. It may suggest that something old is passing and something new is entering into your life. Your thoughts and views are changing. In particular, if the fire is under control or contained in one area, then it is a metaphor of your own internal fire and inner transformation. The dream may be a metaphor for someone who is "fiery". It represents your drive, motivation, and creative energy. To dream that a house is on fire, indicates that you need to undergo some transformation. To see something burning in your dream, indicates that you are experiencing some intense emotions and/or passionate sexual feelings. There is some situation or issue that you can no longer avoid and ignore. Alternatively, it may suggest that you need to take time off for yourself and relax. Perhaps you are you feeling "burned out" or "burned up".
I did have a job interview today. It was for a management position with Road Ranger Travel Centers. I didn't think they'd be interested because I don't have any truck stop experience but it went amazingly well. We'll have to see if I get a follow-up interview. I've been thinking that maybe it's time to get out of the non-profit sector and into the for-profit sector. So does this dream mean that is about to happen? Is something old leaving my life allowing something new to enter? I forgot just what a job interview entails. For many people, job interviews rank right up there with dental work and taxes. They can be stressful, unpleasant and even mysterious, not great adjectives to describe an experience that is a crucial gateway between you and your career development. But all and all I didn't really stress over it. I figure that if they don't want me, it's their loss! It feels good to be back in the game again even if we are "burning down the house" trying to get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment